Doctor Who Media Radio

Custom Birthday Dalek

image image

Carpenter Jason Wardman of Shropshire has bettered last year's birthday present for his son - a TARDIS - with a black Genesis of the Daleks-style Dalek.

Comprising of a ring modulator voice alteration unit and powered by an electric wheelchair, Mr Wardman's Dalek was built for his son's 6th birthday - but turned up several weeks late, leading to a postponement of the birthday party!

“All the kids thought it was fantastic.”

“Last year I built a full size police box for my son’s birthday and this year I have built a Dalek for him.”

The carpenter said: “There was a lot of fibre glass involved. I was having to learn new skills, that is what delayed me and finding the fibreglass.”

Must be cracking fun to have a dad making stuff like that - oh to be 6 again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment