Doctor Who Media Radio

Post Impressionist Who? (SPOILER)

Curtis reveals 'Who' episode details

Richard Curtis has let slip a few details about his script for the 2010 run of Doctor Who - a run that will see the Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith teaming up with companion Amy Pond, played by Karen Gillan.

It was revealed several weeks ago that the writer - Britain's most successful movie scriptwriter in recent years - was penning an episode, which he attributed to a need to impress his son.

Talking to industry magazine ShortList, Richard Curtis has revealed a few interesting pieces of information:

"I am writing a new episode of Doctor Who, which is great. I wanted to write something my kids would like.

"So I'm doing a Doctor Who that will be on TV next February. I've got Van Gogh stabbing a monster."

He added: "Someone from the BBC just sent me a picture of my monster. I had to decide if it was yellow enough."

Vincent Van Gogh, Post-Impressionist artist, with a monster? Brilliant!

But hold on.

February?! Isn't that a bit, well, soon?

Don't rule it out though. Richard Curtis certainly knows and understands how TV shows are made (Blackadder, Vicar of Dibley, to name just two of his classics) so don't jump on the "he doesn't know what he's talking about" bandwagon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment