Doctor Who Media Radio

Doctor Who's New Companion Explains Why She Wears Really Short Skirts

image

Last week, Matt Smith explained what his new Doctor was like, and now it's the turn of Doctor Who's new companion, Karen Gillan, to introduce her character. Plus, what is Panic Moon?

Talking to the British Observer newspaper, Gillan enthused about new companion, Amy:

Amy's a sassy lady, funny and passionate, and her relationship with the doctor has a really interesting dynamic... She has a love for him, a really deep love for him. But not romantic. It's been an education in itself to work with Matt, who's so endlessly inventive, bringing something new to it every day rather than falling into the easy default scared-face. That's one of the challenges; you're faced with life-threatening situations every episode, but you can't just widen your eyes all the time. Yes, this doctor is preeeetty good. As, I've said, is Amy, and she gets to wear all these small skirts, which I will admit was very cold, but also very cool. They originally wanted to put me in trousers, but I did say I'd like to wear a skirt because – you'll understand when you watch it. Actually I think I love Amy. I'm in love with her. I want to be her.

Gillen said that she wasn't a Who fan before auditioning for the series, but that didn't stop her from getting nervous before her second try-out:

I got the recall, the second audition. That was when I started sweating. This huge thing. And it was so secretive I couldn't even tell BBC reception where I was going, had to pretend it was for something called Panic Moon, which is an anagram of companion.

Now we're going to keep watching for mentions of Panic Moon throughout the new season, just in case it's another Torchwood situation...

0 comments:

Post a Comment