Doctor Who Media Radio

More From Richard Curtis

 

Richard Curtis recently spoke to the BBC about his work on a Doctor Who script for the 2010 series of the show that sees Matt Smith Eleventh Doctor take Karen Gillan's Amy Pond on a spin through time and space

Curtis - the United Kingdom's most successful movie screenwriter - reveals little about the plot but does confirm that shooting on the episode begins in November.

Traditionally this would place the episode mid-series; however the BBC News site states that the episode is "likely to be shown in February" which would mark a departure from previous runs of the show since 2005.

"It features something very nasty and I hope it will be scary, funny and a bit touching," he said.

"Writing Dr Who is such a joy.  I started off overwriting him a bit, and Steven Moffat came to me and said 'He doesn't talk like that, he's informal, he's modern'.

"So I've crushed it down and added in a few colloquialisms and it's really fun."

"There are slices of comedy in it," he said.  "I've been aware because the plot is so strong that I can fool around and then frighten.  I wrote a chase today which is the most fun I've ever had."

Strong plot, fooling around and frightening? Sounds like a Steven Moffat script...

0 comments:

Post a Comment