Doctor Who Media Radio

Dr who tenth doctor quotes Forest of the Dead

Mr Lux: Oh, for heaven's sake! Look at the pair of you, we're all going to die here and you're just squabbling like an old married couple!
Vashta Nerada: These are our forests, they are our meat. 
The Doctor: Don't play games with me.You just killed someone I liked and that is not a safe place to stand! I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up.
Vashta Nerada:You have one day.
The Doctor: Why am I handcuffed... why would you even have handcuffs?
Prof. River Song: Spoilers.
[The computer is counting down to a self-destruct and River is hooking herself up to the datafeed]
River Song: Funny thing is, this means you've always known how I was going to die. All the time we've been together, you knew I was coming here. The last time I saw you, the real you, the future you, I mean, you turned up on my doorstep, with a new haircut and a suit. You took me to Darillium to see the singing towers. Oh, what a night that was! The towers sang, and you cried. You wouldn't tell me why, but I suppose you knew it was time. My time. Time to come to the Library. You even gave me your screwdriver; that should've been a clue.
River: There's nothing you can do.
The Doctor: You can let me do this!
River: If you die here, it'll mean I've never met you!
The Doctor: Time can be rewritten!
River: Not those times. Not one line! Don't you dare! It's OK. It's OK, it's not over for you. You'll see me again. You've got all of that to come. You and me, time and space. You watch us run!
The Doctor: River, you know my name! You whispered my name in my ear! There's only one reason I would ever tell anyone my name. There's only one time I could...
River: Hush, now! Spoilers...
River's narration:When you run with the Doctor, it feels like it'll never end. But however hard you try you can't run forever. Everybody knows that everybody dies and nobody knows it like the Doctor. But I do think that all the skies of all the worlds might just turn dark if he ever, for one moment, accepts it.
The Doctor: Why? Why would I give her my screwdriver? Why would I do that? The thing is, future me had years to think about it. All those years to think of a way to save her, and what he did was give her a screwdriver! Why would I do that!? Oh, oh, oh! Look at that! I'm very good!
Donna: What have you done?
The Doctor: Saved her!
The Doctor: Stay with me! You can do it! Stay with me! Come on!! You and me, one last time! Sorry River, short cut!
River's narration: Everybody knows that everybody dies. But not every day. Not today. Some days are special. Some days are so, so blessed. Some days, nobody dies at all. Now and then, Every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and the Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment