Doctor Who Media Radio

Edgar Wright to Direct Who?

Recently, USA Today had a chat with film director and overall Cult Classic Overlord Edgar Wright. The very talented helmer is responsible for bringing such delights to life as Channel 4’s Spaced as well as big screen treasure Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgrim Versus the World.

He’s also a self confessed Doctor Who fan, which gives him extra points in the good taste category of life. His films and his TV shows have contained appearances by one well known actor as well; none other than Simon Pegg who guest start as the albino Editor in the 2005 episode of Doctor Who, The Long Game. And let’s not forget his female muse, Jessica Hynes who appeared in 2007’s Human Nature/ Family of Blood and recently made a cameo appearance in The End of Time, Part Two.

But the man himself has never been involved in directing an episode himself, is that something he would have liked to have done? He told USA Today:

“OK, you’re going to be very disappointed in me. Russell T. Davies asked me to direct (an) episode and I couldn’t do it. And I was a big Doctor Who fan when I was a kid, and my mother was very disappointed with me that I couldn’t do it… If I had done it, I wouldn’t have been able to do any promotion for Shaun of the Dead in the States. And I wouldn’t have given that up for the world.”


More Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment