Doctor Who Media Radio

Sarah jane adventures quotes Invasion of the Bane

Sarah Jane: I saw amazing things, out there in space--but there is strangeness to be found, wherever you turn. Life on Earth can be an adventure too... you just need to know where to look!
Mrs. Wormwood: Can we move on to business?
Sarah Jane: I've got contacts in the city that say this company dropped in from nowhere, and normally it takes years of tests to get approved by the EU to manufacture a new foodstuff, but you got it in two weeks.
Mrs. Wormwood: All we are doing is satisfying a need.
Sarah Jane: Which is?
Mrs. Wormwood: The people are hungry, Miss Smith. For new food. For new drinks. New tastes. All the western world does, is eat. All day, every day, eating. They gorge and feast and chew and bite. Everything sweet and hot and cold and sticky... food and drink. Just food and drink. That's the human race... they devour! Who are we to deny them?
Sarah Jane: Oh, and by the way, what planet do you come from?
Mrs. Wormwood: Nice try.
Mrs. Wormwood: The thoughts of a child are chaos. Late homework? Is she fat? Will she ever be kissed? And she worships something called... the holy oak... no, Hollyoaks. But her parents fight - she wishes she was older, she wishes she was younger. This world scares her so very much. 
Sarah Jane: I met this man, a very special man, called the Doctor. And years ago, we traveled together.
Maria: In space?
Sarah Jane: Space and time. Then it came to an end. Suddenly, I was back to a normal life. Electric bills, burst pipes, bus tickets... and rain.
Kelsey: She's gone completely loop-the-loop!
Sarah Jane: There, y'see? Who could I talk to about it? For years I tried to forget! And then I met him again, the Doctor... but we had both changed, but it was funny because we were still both, the same. I learned that I could carry on here on Earth, doing what we always did.
Kelsey: Right, everyone's an alien. You, me, the Pope, James Blunt - actually, I can believe that one...
Sarah Jane: Maria, there are two types of people in the world. Those who panic, and then there's us. Got it?
Maria: Got it.
Sarah Jane: When I was your age, I used to think "Oh, when I'm grown up, I'll know what I want, I'll be sorted." But you never really know what you want. You never feel grown up, not really. You never sort it all out... so I thought, I could handle life on my own. But after today... I don't want to!

0 comments:

Post a Comment