Doctor Who Media Radio

Dr who tenth doctor quotes The Idiot's Lantern

Rose: Where we off to?
The Doctor: Ed Sullivan TV studios. Elvis did "Hound Dog" on one of the shows, there were loads of complaints. Bit of luck, we'll just catch it.
Rose: And that would be TV studios in... what, New York?
The Doctor: That's the one.
Rose: Ha ha, dig that New York vibe.
The Doctor: Well, this could still be New York. I mean, this looks very New York to me. Sort of a London-y New York, mind you, but...
The Doctor: It's never too late, as a wise person once said; Kylie, I think.
Detective-Inspector Bishop: Start from the begining, tell me everything you know.
Doctor: Well, for starters, I know you can't wrap your hand around your elbow and make your fingers meet.
Detective: We just found another one. 
The Doctor: What! They left her where?
Detective: The street.
The Doctor: They took her face and just chucked her out in the street. As a consequence that makes this simple... very, very simple. Because now, Detective-Inspector Bishop, there is no power on this earth that can stop me! Come on!
The Doctor: I just invented the home video thirty years early. Betamax.
Rose: That thing, is it trapped for good on video?
The Doctor: Hope so. But just to be on the safe side though, I'll use my unrivalled knowledge of trans-temporal extrapolation methods to neutralise the residual electronic pattern.
Rose: You'll what?
The Doctor: I'm gonna tape over it.
Rose: Just leave it to me. I'm always doing that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment